– February has been concert month. Lots of fantastic music has been learnt and performed with one more solo concert to happen this February 25th at 2pm. Please check concerts for more details.
– Collaborating with fellow collegeue Louise Southwood, preparing duos for two classical guitars. We have some exciting music coming up for our December and early 2018 concert with featured works like De Falla’s La Vida Breve and Boccherini’s Introduction and Fandango.
– Working with Redshift Music Society and 7 composers premiering new works written for 18 electric guitars! This is going to be an amazing concert, so please attend this one if you can.
– Preparing an exciting program of guitar, flute and clarinet music. Featuring works by Villa Lobos, Granados, and Debussy to name a few. Check concerts for more details!
– Just finished up a great concert at the Orpheum with my VSO Junior and Adult Guitar Ensembles. It was an incredible event and I was so pleased with the performance of my students! If you or someone you know is interested in playing with a friendly group of acoustic guitarists, please contact me soon. You could be on the big stage too! See pics below
– Putting together some fantastic guitar duets with my good friend and awesome guitarist, Adrian Verdejo. We’ll be playing some concerts together this Summer and a few next Fall, so be sure to check back on the concerts header.
-Playing some fantastic concerts with the Erato Ensemble. The next one “Pluck” is music for voice, guitar and string quartet.
– Putting together an excellent program for flute and guitar, “Full Long Nights Moon” featuring arrangements of traditional Macedonian melodies and works by Bergeron, Immamovic, and Ourkanasas.
– Exciting concert season ahead. Starting off with a Duo Trovador tour through the Fraser Valley for the month of October, followed by solo performances for November. Stay posted for concert dates!
– Collaborating with harpist, Elisa Thorn and flautist, Heather Beaty to perform an exciting selection of duos and trios arranged for flute, harp, and guitar. See Concert link for venue info.
– I’ve recently been added to the teaching faculty at the VSO School of Music. This is a state of the art facility with an amazing concert hall. If you are interested in taking private or group lessons, please join me there.
– Preparing to perform Mario Castenuovo Tedesco’s Romancero Gitano. This work was composed for guitar and choir, and set to poems of Federico Garcia Lorca’s. The work is quite exciting and very Spanish in flavour.
-Currently working with flautist Heather Beaty, performing 20th century Latin American works for guitar and flute. More shows to come, so please stay posted for Duo Trovador’s future dates.